With the Forests and Climate Change Programme (FORCLIME), Germany supports Indonesia's efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the forestry sector, to conserve forest biodiversity within the regional Heart of Borneo Initiative and to implement sustainable forest management for the benefit of the people.
Germany's immediate action will focus on helping Indonesia to get ready for the implementation of a future REDD mechanism ("readiness process")
- Advice on strategy development for REDD, and forest development at national, provincial and district levels;
- Technical advice on a framework for the implementation of REDD demonstration activities at various levels, including participatory land use planning and forest zoning
- Innovative design of mechanisms and regulations for district-based REDD initiatives ;
- Facilitation of monitoring, reporting and verification
- Support to forestry administration reform processes such as the establishment of forest management units and related monitoring and inspectorate systems;
- Support to nature conservation and benefit sharing within the Heart of Borneo (HoB) Initiative;
- Development of payment for environmental services schemes to support sustainable livelihoods in rural areas;
- Capacity building for sustainable forest management and nature conservation
Current Activities and Achievement
Improving higher accuracy of carbon stock assessment is one of main activities at FORCLIME project areas within the REDD+ readiness activity. This will not only developing and testing methodologies, but also to generate accurate estimation of emission factor, which later on will be used to develop Reference (Emission) Level (RL/REL). Currently,...